We live in amazing times. In a new golden age of communications where real time content accessibility is changing the way we work, live and interact. New media technologies have blurred the traditional lines between broadcasting, print journalism, digital content, advertising and pesonal messaging. Sure, the old school broadcast world still exists, but it’s changing every day. Traditional broadcasters have turned the corner and no longer a question they have to be interactive to compete and need to reach people where and how they want to be reached. Any company, content owner or individual can also now be a “social” broadcaster, provide personalized, interactive broadband and wireless content to fans, clients, customers and friends. It’s an exciting new world in the way we live and communicate every day, with tremendous potential for new business and personal development but there is a catch.
Without the vision and tactical skills to strategically integrate new processes into traditional operations, develop new work flow, devise efficiencies in production and use talent as never before across platforms to drive promotions and branding, broadcasters and content organizations of all sizes will find obstacles and detours on the road to anticipated financial or social media success. An environment that’s willing to change from “how it’s always been done,” has to be created.
Broadcasters, journalists, producers, editors, and managers need to possess a very different set of skills than they did just a few years ago.
I’ve been fortunate to be part of the revolution. As far as my backgound, here’s what I consider some of my key accomplishments helping shape the future, and drive success at some of the nation’s primier sports and entertainment media organizations…
NBA Entertainment, Senior Vice President, Production and Operations
- Launched and supervised NBA TV, the first major league sports network
- Ran the day-to-day operations and oversaw a staff of 350+ for worldwide production and programming, live games telecasts & in-arena presentations
- Pioneered NBA’s cross-platform digital programming initiatives
- Advanced from Producer to SVP based on achievements over 18 years
Oklahoma City Thunder, Executive Producer and SVP Broadcasting, Production and Programming
- Started-up and oversaw all aspects of Fox Sports Oklahoma / Thunder Broadcasting
- Built and managed the Thunder Radio Networks (English and Spanish)
- Developed, produced and cross utilized hundreds of hours of content for Broadcasts, Web Video Content and In-Arena Presentations
- Won Regional Emmy Award as Executive Producer for LA Lakers – OKC Thunder Game Broadcast
The Jockey Club, Executive Producer, leadership position in start-up multi-screen marketing and programming organization to attract new fans to the sports of horse racing
- Created / Executive Producer for national horse racing telecasts on NBC and Fox Sports
- Launched America’s Best Racing Website
- Developed multimedia and experiential marketing initiatives and sponsorship integration
Sports Broadcasting & Achievements
- On-Air Television Anchor, Reporter and Producer at Network Affiliates in Salt Lake City, Phoenix and Hartford, CT (Top 25-market at age 24)
- National and international keynote speaker at major broadcast conferences
- Media coach and educator, developing new talent for the broadcast industry
Currently I’m the Co-Founder and Executive Producer for MediaForward.tv, Productions and Consulting, specializing in sports industry startups, restructuring existing organizations, developing content strategy and multimedia production.